Bridging European and Local Climate Action
Short Description and Goal
Bridging European and Local Climate Action (BEACON) is a project promoting climate action and facilitating exchange between national governments as well as municipalities and schools in Europe. Its aim is to strengthen bi- and multilateral cooperation on climate action in the EU and to create common ambition for achieving the goals of the Paris Agreement.
As an example, cities Arnsberg and Alba Iulia have agreed on a climate partnership work plan as a part of BEACON project.
This exchange program for city servants enriched discussions on climate issues. The cities implemented a climate exchange program in schools and joint actions on sustainable mobility. The camp took place during the European Mobility Week in 2020.
Alba Iulia and Arnsberg have also shared their knowledge and experience on:
– using smart technologies,
– engaging youth and elderly citizens in climate actions,
– integrating climate issues in city image development,
– local energy and mobility management as well as air quality monitoring.
- Guidehouse, adelphi, Independent Institute for Environmental Issues (UfU)
Level / Project Complexity /
- Alba Iulia
Sizes of Participating Cities