Attracting Human Resources and Improving the Quality of Work in European Municipalities” Recruit potential (“Recruit potential – VET measures for Inclusive Employers”)
Short Description and Goal
The aim of the project is to implement measures to even out the division of the labor market by performing an analysis of labor demand and supply. The general goal is to support education, training in Europe, to promote international cooperation between EU countries as well as to create a sustainable cooperation network between the cities and municipalities involved in the project. The specific goal of the project is the implementation of measures to even out the division of the labor market by performing labor demand / supply analysis and relevant training.
The project is based on the problem that in the future labor market the demand for specific knowledge and skills in different professions will be greater than the supply.
The project promotes the possibility for people without the necessary qualifications to get a job. The following activities took place within the project:
- increase knowledge of intercultural cooperation and an inclusive labor market;
- acquire and share experience at the international level and to introduce new methods for employee training programs;
- participate in international experience exchange events of partners and to present Daugavpils as a competitive EU city and share its experience;
- organize staff training to increase capacity;
- increase the level of knowledge and competence of employees;
- develop international cooperation with the cities and municipalities involved in the project.
- a training program has been established to increase the level of knowledge and experience of employees in working with the population, which will be available on the project website for all interested parties;
- gathered information on best practices and ideas among the partners involved;
- equalization of the labor market distribution has been promoted;
- 5 international events were organized;
- training of municipal employees was organized;
- an international event was organized in Daugavpils to involve local residents, employers, inform them about the results of the project, as well as the training program created within the project;
- Mobility of 22 municipal employees was completed.
- Skelleftea Municipality - Sweden
Additional Media & Attachments / Credits
Public Services & Administration
Level / Project Complexity
- United Kingdom
- The Netherlands
Sizes of Participating Cities
• 100.000 - 500.000